Monday, October 15, 2012

just being me

just being me

i awake. open my eyes. blood
courses through my veins.
oxygen fills my lungs. my head
thinks thoughts + heart chases
wisdom. my arms wrap around
life + lips say "you matter" + "i
love you". when pain comes, i
heal + when joy comes, i clap my
hands. when the sun goes down i
say "thank you" + melt back into
another evening of dreams.

this is epic enough for me.

(excerpt from the book "all i did was listen"
now available at http://rachelawes.etsy.com
for pre-order, along with a print of the image
that accompanies it in the book + other fun goodies,
like a t-shirt + mug :)



xox
sending out love to you being you

18 comments:

Mary said...

Much grace, peace and love to you too dear one!

lori vliegen said...

joyfully clapping my hands in celebration of sweet fabulous you!! xox

aimee said...

I picked this one to go with my set of books -- I can't wait to get it!!

Sandra van Doorn said...

and i am so happy to know beautiful you, Rachel . i can't wait to get my copy of the book! x sandra

Jess said...

Hi Rachel, I'm very much looking forward to getting my book! I hope you're feeling better. :)
Jess xx

Bella Sinclair said...

Epic enough for me. Ooooh, I just LOVE that! You say the words my heart is feeling. Fantastic illustration too.

xo

PiaRom said...

Such wonderfull words! I totally love it! You are such an inspiration ♥♥♥

Tammie Lee said...

so very beautiful
and yes, epic~

Yael said...

Enough certainly for me too! All so lovely said! :-)

Jennifer Richardson said...

ohhhhhhh, yes!
epic enough for me:)
oh rachel, how I DO love this!
your simple brilliance
is joy and peace
and life to me.
wholehearted thanks,
Jennifer

Kim Mailhot said...

YOU is awesome !!!

Love and light, Beautiful Rachel !

Julia said...

Rachel, I can't wait to get this book in my hands. Sprinklings of Rachel--what could be better?

You are sunshine, my friend. So grateful for the warmth & light of you.

Susie said...

You are such a sweet glimmer of all that is good in this world. Your words alway fill me with so much goodness and sometimes we need a lot it.
xox

denthe said...

So lovely! Hope your sales go well ♥ (I'm sure they will!)

Unknown said...

That's words are lovely. It all true and hits through the soul. I can't wait to grab a copy of the book.
motorcycle loan

Relyn Lawson said...

I am so excited about your book. I guess I told you that already.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Great stuff! Keep listening. I love your stuff.

Lindy Gaskill said...

Love your way!