Monday, October 15, 2012

just being me

just being me

i awake. open my eyes. blood
courses through my veins.
oxygen fills my lungs. my head
thinks thoughts + heart chases
wisdom. my arms wrap around
life + lips say "you matter" + "i
love you". when pain comes, i
heal + when joy comes, i clap my
hands. when the sun goes down i
say "thank you" + melt back into
another evening of dreams.

this is epic enough for me.

(excerpt from the book "all i did was listen"
now available at
for pre-order, along with a print of the image
that accompanies it in the book + other fun goodies,
like a t-shirt + mug :)

sending out love to you being you


Mary said...

Much grace, peace and love to you too dear one!

lori vliegen said...

joyfully clapping my hands in celebration of sweet fabulous you!! xox

aimee said...

I picked this one to go with my set of books -- I can't wait to get it!!

Sandra van Doorn said...

and i am so happy to know beautiful you, Rachel . i can't wait to get my copy of the book! x sandra

Jess said...

Hi Rachel, I'm very much looking forward to getting my book! I hope you're feeling better. :)
Jess xx

Bella Sinclair said...

Epic enough for me. Ooooh, I just LOVE that! You say the words my heart is feeling. Fantastic illustration too.


Piarom said...

Such wonderfull words! I totally love it! You are such an inspiration ♥♥♥

Tammie Lee said...

so very beautiful
and yes, epic~

Yael said...

Enough certainly for me too! All so lovely said! :-)

Jennifer Richardson said...

ohhhhhhh, yes!
epic enough for me:)
oh rachel, how I DO love this!
your simple brilliance
is joy and peace
and life to me.
wholehearted thanks,

Kim Mailhot said...

YOU is awesome !!!

Love and light, Beautiful Rachel !

Julia said...

Rachel, I can't wait to get this book in my hands. Sprinklings of Rachel--what could be better?

You are sunshine, my friend. So grateful for the warmth & light of you.

Susie said...

You are such a sweet glimmer of all that is good in this world. Your words alway fill me with so much goodness and sometimes we need a lot it.

denthe said...

So lovely! Hope your sales go well ♥ (I'm sure they will!)

may lim said...

That's words are lovely. It all true and hits through the soul. I can't wait to grab a copy of the book.
motorcycle loan

Relyn Lawson said...

I am so excited about your book. I guess I told you that already.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Great stuff! Keep listening. I love your stuff.

Lindy Gruger Hanson said...

Love your way!