Monday, October 1, 2012

**THE BOOK** all i did was listen

THE BOOK!
"all i did was listen"
is available for pre-order
through my etsy shop


+ is scheduled to release
december 1, 2012

it is a 236-page, full-color, illustrated gift book, filled with inspiring hand-written quotes from my beautiful psychotherapy clients, that strung together, tell a story about how healing can happen for all of us. each quote is accompanied by a colorful illustration + written reflection.
the book closes with three pages of questions for personal inspiration/reflection + can also be used for groups like book clubs.

"all i did was listen" has the following endorsements:

"rachel's words and art are an uncommon elixir that travels straight to the heart by way of the soul. her book is simply a spiritual must. i've dreamed about its pages and know you will too. profound, transformational, and elegant."
SARK
author, artist, succulant wild woman planetSARK.com

+

"i was so moved by this lovely and honest book by rachel awes. i found myself returning to its pages day after day for a daily dose of meaningful inspiration. rachel's gift for pairing her unique illustrations with touching, often profound, wisdom spoke to my most tender pieces of what it means to live bravely, love deeply, and pay attention to the beauty that exists in our everyday lives. all i did was listen truly inspired me to lean into my life a bit closer, and take a closer listen for all big and small ways it teaches, uplifts, and heals."
kelly rae roberts
artist. author. possibilitarian.

i will share lil' sneak peaks in the coming mondays
+ can't wait to share the whole thing with you!!

...loving each of you with all i have,
rachel

21 comments:

Lisa Rydin Erickson said...

Yippeee! Oh I am getting one and what a great idea to order for girlfriends! Wonderful, heartful and luscious!!!

Dear Fireflies said...

Congrats, Rachel! You continue to be an inspiration... oxox

Kim Mailhot said...

What a beautiful offering you have put into the world, Rachel. So sweet.
Thank you for all you bring !
xoxox

Jennifer Richardson said...

happy dance....just such
brilliant bouyant happy dance
kind of news!!!!!!!!!

Christmas presents....i know
just what I'm stuffing stockings
with this year:):):)

thanks for sharing the sweet
goodness of this news
and I love the Dec 1 release date
and send loads of love
to you in this last bit
of your "pregnancy"

...so excited to meet this new
bouncing baby:)

cheering wildly over you,
Jennifer

Jennifer Richardson said...

happy dance....just such
brilliant bouyant happy dance
kind of news!!!!!!!!!

Christmas presents....i know
just what I'm stuffing stockings
with this year:):):)

thanks for sharing the sweet
goodness of this news
and I love the Dec 1 release date
and send loads of love
to you in this last bit
of your "pregnancy"

...so excited to meet this new
bouncing baby:)

cheering wildly over you,
Jennifer

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your book, Rachel! Thank you for the beautiful work you do--all the listening and repeating back to us.

lori vliegen said...

236 pages of tender-love-listening and precious-heart-sharing all wrapped up in a fabulous little package! it doesn't get more perfect than that, precious art girl! xox

Sandra van Doorn said...

oh my God that’s fabulous Rachel. I want one! xx sandra

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

HEARTS AND FLOWERS AND KISSES AND HUGS...ALL OVER THE WORLD FOR YOU RACHEL! XOXO

Yael said...

Congratulations dear Rachel!
Big hug! :-)

Susie said...

So awesome Rachel!!!! Doing a happy dance just for you. I've long loved your drawings and thoughts and poems, often time I find just the right words on your blog so to have a book I can keep and hold and have the pleasure of opening it in my lap, I'm so looking forward to it's release.

aimee said...

I came, I saw, I bought!

Can't wait! :))O

christy said...

oh YAY!!!! this is super exciting for you and for me and for so many!!!
I have to wrap up a painting commission in my etsy shop and will have money soon to pre-order my own sweet magical book from YOU!!!

way to go Rachel!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your book. I really looking forward to read one of those. Thanks for posting. I did enjoy it.

sending gifts to australia

Julia said...

Oh Rachel! Rachel! How did I miss this! I feel so much right now--such joy and pride and excitement and appreciation for this dream come true! Huge congratulatory hugs to you, beautiful one. Okay, off to pre-order mine now! My heart is doing little, giddy leaps--so very thrilled for you.

You are a treasure, my friend.

Tammie Lee said...

OH! congratulations. Your book looks and sounds wonderful and I am sure it is. Wishing you fabulous success!

Anonymous said...

First time visiting your blog. Congratulations,I'll be back. Your book looks wonderful.

Introverted Art said...

Rachel, I love these pieces, the little indian girl is so sweet.

leonie said...

hooray!

Catherine Denton said...

A BOOK?? I'm so excited and must have one!! What incredible reviews from two of my heros. I can't wait to see it!
Catherine Denton

Elizabeth said...

Wow,

I am so HAPPY for you Rachel Owes! I heart your book and I treasure every single word in it!

xoxo,
Elizabeth Aviles